Inclusion Advocate Training
Oregon State University
November 5-6, 2018
This program provides training on how to be an Inclusion Advocate; help screening committees reduce implicit bias in the hiring process, with the goal of making our hiring an equitable, welcoming process for all.
At the end of this training, you will be able to…
- Describe the role of a search advocate in your own words;
- Give search committees an overview of cognitive and structural biases, including how such biases may affect search and selection;
- Suggest position description changes to promote diversity/inclusion and reduce bias;
- Facilitate committee development of a screening rubric that reduces structural and cognitive bias and increases inclusion;
- Help identify practices that may limit inclusion at each search stage and propose alternatives.