The purpose of this course is to provide information and experience in using open educational resources (OER) in your teaching practice. We will discuss the concept of OER and open licenses. We will also provide plenty of practice in locating and sharing open educational resources. This is a 2-week online, asynchronous course and participants are expected to spend 10 hours to complete the course. This is a fully facilitated training that will produce an official certificate to the participants upon successful completion.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to
- Describe the meaning of open educational resources.
- Differentiate the concepts of open licensing, public domain, and all rights reserved copyrights.
- Identify resources that are openly licensed or in public domain.
- Distinguish the different types of Creative Commons licenses.
- License their works under a Creative Commons license.
- Find the open educational resources, and properly attribute a work offered under a Creative Commons license.