Practices of Live Streaming Using OBS and YouTube Live
July 11, 2019
For this project, I decided to test Live Streaming of video. As a district, our college often offers the same information session at multiple colleges. By streaming video, we can save travel and time by hosting viewing parties with moderators at each of the colleges.
Watch A Recording of the Live Stream
Image of Live Stream Via YouTube
- Open Broadcast Software (OBS)
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- YouTube Live Dashboard
- Music for Intro and Outro: Bensoud
- Training Video (Watch Below)
- Connecting an External Camera – Need a video mixer to do this. I was able to identify the problem and equipment I need to order for the future.
- Our WiFi and Firewall at our Institution was blocking the port needed for live streaming to YouTube.
- The design of the slides to match the video and text sizes took several attempts.
- CSS for YouTube’s chat window in order to include it in my live stream.